Thursday, August 04, 2005

I pod, therefore I am a pretentious bastard. Or so I thought...


So as a previous post of mine may suggest, I don't like the ipod. Unusually enough it would seem, I am a committed Windows person. I like WMA, I like being able to play music in a million formats of my choice. I like being able to convert music to any format of my choice and putting it on a player of my choice. I particularly am a fan of the Iriver H320. It's black. I also like being able to edit music/groups/settings and playlists on the actual player and not having to hook it up to a computer everytime I want to change something.

Also I don't like fucking iTunes and having to pay 99c a track and more often than not a tenner for an album that would cost about the same in town except in better quality with album art, an actual disc and a plastic case.

So I am not a fan of the Ipod.

Still, my sister bought an Ipod to complement her Ibook at the weekend and I have to admit, it fucking rocks and even though I don't, I really, really want one. All you can do is play music on it. You can't do anything else without hooking it up to a computer but its soooo easy to use and it does look deadly even if you get crap battery life and a new one costs an arm and a leg.

God I hate myself.